Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hiking to Shiva Temple and Flying Headstands


Another Sunday and another great adventure. Our senior teacher decided to take the 300 hour group on a 6km hike up to Shiva Temple in the mountains. What he didn't tell us was that it was 6km straight up... we basically walked up huge stairs made of rocks for 3.5 hours. It was incredibly tough but definitely worth it as the views were breath-taking. And we took taxis back, which made me very happy :-).

After the hike, I relaxed my legs for a couple of hours and then went to a 3 hour acroyoga workshop that was put on my a nice French couple who I met in a cafe close to the yoga school. My friend Julia (from Germany) came with and we had an amazing class. It was very advanced and a lot of fun. I still can't believe some of the poses that we did.


We went straight from acroyoga to dinner across the road at this amazing restaurant called the Moon Light Cafe. We were there for about 5 minutes when four of our of classmates from the yoga school happened to come in and joined us. Was a wonderful day!

It is Monday now and another 200 hour group just started at the school, which brought in 60 new people (whom we will be teaching classes to as of next week). It's a little chaotic around here but nice to see some new faces. I am excited to see what kind of adventures will be planned for the following Sundays. Stay tuned!

No comments: