Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Rafting in the Ganges

On Sunday, the school organized for us all to go white water rafting in the Ganges River. I think nearly everyone from both the 200 hour and 300 hour groups went (even people who couldn't swim!). It was a lot of fun and the perfect day for rafting. Here are some pics (good luck finding me :)):


Sorry it has been a little while since I posted. My yoga teacher gave us some good advice, he said "You can have excuses or you can have improvement, but not both". I have been trying to apply this to my practice as well as my homework so that I can get the most out of this experience. In the past week I have read the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Bhagavad Gita, the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, most of Gherandasamhita and am almost done Living Your Yoga. The good news is that I am done all of my homework now and should have more time for reading the books that I brought from home and doing some exploring.

Oh and not 100% confirmed yet but I'm thinking that after the course I may go hiking in Gangorti with a couple of other students in the Himalayas. The weather can be quite cold so may not be a bad thing that I packed that fleece and longjohns afterall!

Until next time!
~Amanda

No comments: