Saturday, May 8, 2010

Are We There Yet?


(photo from Bikramyoga.com)

So 26 days of hot yoga finally caught up with me yesterday. I couldn't even do child's pose (when you sit on your knees relax), so I spent the last 10 minutes of the class in corpse pose (when you lay on the ground and pretend you're dead). I didn't feel too bad about it, I still made it to the class and that's what counts. I have to admit though that I am finding the classes extremely repetitive (or at least I was yesterday... this morning I had an awesome class, so I guess it depends on the day). Last night I had to rush to yoga after hoop class and was going on very little food so my mind was not focused. All I could think about was getting home and how much I didn't want to be there. I was hating that the new teacher made us hold dancer's pose for longer than normal and that my body (and mind) were not able to stay in it. I was so exhausted afterwards that I had to come out of the class and sit in the lobby for awhile before I could bear going in the change room. It wasn't all bad though, the best part about the class was that I learned a new pose (toe stand - see photo). That was probably the first new pose I have learned since I started the 30-day yoga challenge and it felt great to challenge myself a bit. My toes were happy too!

~~3 days to go~~



The mind is everything; what you think, you become. (Buddha)

No comments: