Friday, April 30, 2010

The New Friday Night Hot Spot




Tonight I waited in line on Preston street for more than 45 minutes to get into hot yoga. It really was the most bumping place on the street, with bouncer and all (think of the photo above but with everyone decked out in lululemon and carrying a yoga mat). They let us in 10 people at a time and had a guard at the front door and another at the hot room door. I'd never seen anything like it. One guy who was in line for yoga even lit up a joint while waiting in line and got booed at by everyone. The girl in front of me said "he better not get a little froggy sticker today" ha-ha that made me laugh.

Today I had to stay late at work so I couldn't make it to my usual 5:30 class and had to go to the charity class (1 hour Moksha, $5 minimum donation that goes to the Canadian Liver Foundation). The class is notorious for being packed with young rowdy students but tonight it was pretty mellow, aside from the joint smoking trouble maker who tried to pick a fight with the bouncer and was falling all over the place in class. The room was pretty calm and I had lots of space to stretch out. I felt very relaxed and stayed focused the entire class (aside from a couple of spontaneous thoughts that would pop in... but I managed to push them out). It was definitely one of my better classes and I'm glad I went in the end (I seriously considered bailing again).

19 days down, 11 to go!

No comments: