Saturday, December 4, 2010

Whitsunday Islands



Hello! So after a quick overnight bus I ended up in Airlie beach, which is another laid back traveller's town. The docks are packed with tour boats that head out to spend a few days on the water exploring the Whitsunday Islands, which consists of 74 tropical islands located alongside the Great Barrier Reef. I wanted a few relaxing days after Fraser Island but somehow I ended up on the party boat... the SS Atlantic Clipper, which holds 53 people. I took it easy though and went to bed early both nights (yes - lame!) but I still had a lot of fun and met some cool people from all over the world.

Some new slang I picked up:

How's ya splice? - How are you? (Irish)
Are you taking a dip in the drink? - Are you going in the spa (a.k.a. jacuzzi) (British)

Next stop Sydney, then off to the final destination..... Melbourne!!
:-)

~Amanda

p.s. I found this article really interesting: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/australias-dangerous-economic-divide/article1824987/

2 comments:

Fraser Island Tours said...

Hope you enjoyed both Fraser Island and Whitsundays! When we got off our Fraser Island tour, we also did sailing via the Waltzing Matilda.. it was a fairly relaxing trip..

Anonymous said...

Hi
There are floods in Australia you OK? Anywhere near them?

Love ya Mom