Monday, December 20, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Moltzen

Melodie and Christo's wedding was a small ceremony in their backyard with close friends and family. It was a beautiful sunny day (despite some not encouraging rain the night before and in the morning). For the gals, the day started with hair, nails, makeup, photos and a champagne breaky. Around 2pm we walked through the back fence and not 10 minutes later, they were married! Now I have to admit that I get teary eyed at most weddings when I'm surrounded by so much emotion and happiness but it was a new level to be at the front of the crowd, right next to the bride - I could practically feel here heartbeat. After the photos on the beach and too many glasses of champagne and wine later, it was my turn at the microphone. I looked at the crowd, swallowed hard, and did my thing. It wasn't the most elegant speech but it was from the heart and was over before I knew it. The rest of the night was filled with fun, dancing and good memories. I'm so happy to have been there to celebrate Melodie's special day and honoured that she asked me to stand up as her witness and maid of honour. She was an incredibly beautiful bride and looked like the happiest woman on earth! :-)

Photos will come soon!

No comments: